If you’re in need of a yummy side dish then you need look no further. This Cheesy Cauliflower Casserole is a delicious and comforting option that is sure to please even the pickiest of eaters. Baked in a creamy sauce with three different kinds of cheese, it’s easy to forget you’re even eating a veggie! Cauliflower is a low-calorie vegetable that is packed with nutrients so we like to think we can get away with using such an indulgent sauce. Baked to bubbling perfection, this casserole is definitely worth every calorie.
A great thing about this casserole is how versatile it can be. Switch up the type of cheese or add in a protein like bacon or ham, it’s still going to come out delicious. The recipe is also easy to cut in half for a small group, but this hefty 9×13 dish makes a great potluck or holiday side for the whole crew. You can bet no one will be complaining about eating their veggies when they taste this good. The kids have even been known to ask for seconds!
- 2 heads cauliflower, cut into florets
- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Additional ½ cup grated parmesan for topping
You my also like:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the cauliflower just until tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain the cauliflower to eliminate as much moisture as possible, then transfer cauliflower to the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, beat together the eggs, heavy cream, seasonings, and cheese. Mix in the melted butter (make sure butter has cooled before adding it in).
- Pour cheese mixture over the cauliflower and top with the remaining ½ cup parmesan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until top begins to brown.
- Serve warm.