‘Tis the season to be jolly, and to eat lots of holiday treats like these amazing Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies! If you’re looking for the perfect melt-in-your-mouth Christmas cookies that are super easy to make, you’ve stumbled upon the perfect recipe.
Friends, I’m telling you, these Christmas Gooey Butter Cookies are THE BEST!
As far as I am concerned, you really can’t go wrong with a recipe that is so simple to make, especially during the busy holiday season.
Want to know another recipe I’m obsessed with making this Christmas? My easy chocolate chip banana bread.
I make this bread as a gift to my friends because they all love it so much.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 white cake mix
- ½ cup sprinkles, divided
- ½ cup confectioner’s sugar
You my also like:
- Cream together the butter and the cream cheese. Add the egg and the vanilla and beat just until combined. Beat in the cake mix until well blended. Stir in ¼ cup of the sprinkles. Refrigerate at least one hour or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a cookie sheet or line with parchment paper. Scoop out rounded tablespoons of dough and roll into a 1-inch ball. Sprinkle the ball with sprinkles then roll in the confectioner’s sugar until completely covered. Place about 2 inches apart onto the prepared cookie sheet. Bake 8 to10 minutes then allow to sit on the sheet for 2 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.