Christmas dessert doesn’t get any more quick and easy than this Christmas Poke Cake! It starts with a box mix and adds a few pantry staples for a fun, pretty, and delicious Christmas-themed Poke Cake.
You Will Love This Easy Christmas Cake!
I love easy recipes for the holidays and this poke cake is one of the easiest! It’s made with white cake mix and red and green jello so every slice has a colorful holiday pattern. Plus, it keeps well in the refrigerator so you can make it ahead.
If you’ve never made a jello poke cake, I’m showing you all of the steps so it turns out every time you make it. What I love about this recipe is that you can switch up the jello colors and make it all year for any occasion. This is a holiday version, but with so many flavors of jello available, the possibilities are endless.
When it comes to poke cakes, I love chocolate cakes, Oreo cakes, and all of them in between but, for Christmas, this easy recipe is the best!
- 1 15.25 ounce box White Cake Mix
- Ingredients on the back of your cake mix such as 1 cup Water, ½ cup Vegetable Oil, and 3 Egg Whites
- 1 3 ounce box Cherry Jell-O
- 1 3 ounce box Lime Jell-O
- 1 cup boiling water divided
- 1 cup cold water divided
- 1 8 ounce tub of Cool Whip
- ¼ cup Christmas Sprinkles
You my also like:
- Preheat your oven to 350℉ and grease your baking dish.
- Make the cake by combining the cake mix with the ingredients and the back of the box.
- Bake the cake for 29-33 minutes, or the time it tells you to bake on the back of your cake mix.
- Allow the cake to cool completely (at least 20-30 minutes).
- Poke 5 columns of holes into the cake with a fork.
- Make the jell-o by placing the contents of each jello mix into separate bowls, adding about half of the boiling water to each jello mix, stirring, and then adding about half of the cold water to each jello mix and stirring again.
- Spoon the jell-o mixtures over the cake with a spoon, in an alternating pattern.
- Chill the cake in the fridge completely, at least 1 hour
- Add the cool whip to the top and spread evenly.
- Chill the cake for at least another hour, preferably overnight, before serving