Meatball Sub Casserole is a super easy casserole dish that tastes like a meatball sub but in casserole form. So good and a family favorite!
MEATBALL SUB CASSEROLE
Raise your hand if you love meatball subs? Now how would you like to take all those flavors you love about a meatball sub and turn it into a casserole? Well, here ya go folks. This was the best tasting casserole I have had in a while. Not only was it super easy to make but the flavors blended so well together.
CAN I USE HOMEMADE MEATBALLS?
You sure can! However, you want them to be fully cooked before adding them to this dish. This is a family friendly meal and using the pre-made meatballs really makes this quick to make. The smells that were coming outta my kitchen the evening I made this were so good that the neighbor’s little boy said he just had to come over and eat supper with us. And he did!
This delicious casserole recipe comes from the latest Gooseberry Patch cookbook, 101 Cozy Casseroles. I’ve been in Gooseberry Patch heaven with all the new cookbooks that have been coming out. Each recipe in this cookbook comes with a picture. So if you’re a visual person, you’re gonna love this cookbook. In fact, the pictures were so gorgeous, I had a hard time deciding which recipe to choose to make for y’all.
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 3 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 loaf Italian bread cut into 1 inch slices
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 (28 ounce) jar of your favorite spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 garlic cloves minced
You my also like:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine onions, bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Add beef and mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place on a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until no longer pink. (Or fry in a skillet on medium heat).
- Reduce oven temperature to 350.
- Meanwhile, arrange bread in a single layer in an ungreased 13×9 baking dish. (All of the bread might not be used.).
- Combine cream cheese, mayo, Italian seasoning and pepper; spread over the bread. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup mozzarella.
- Combine sauce, water and garlic; add meatballs.
- Pour over cheese mixture; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
- Bake, uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes or until done.