- 1 pound ground beef
- 8 oz. butterfly noodles or lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 oz.) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated, divided
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 3/4 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
You my also like:
- Brown beef and onion in a large pan or skillet over medium-high heat until beef is cooked through and onion is softened. Season with salt and pepper, then add garlic and cook for another 1 minute.
- Drain fat and transfer beef to slow cooker.
- Add in chicken broth, tomatoes and tomato paste, then add oregano, basil, red pepper flakes and bay leaf. Season generously with salt and pepper and stir everything together.
- Cover, turn slow cooker on high and cook for 2 hours.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, if necessary, then stir in heavy cream and 3/4 cup parmesan cheese.
- Stir in pasta, then cook for another 20-30 minutes, or until al dente.
- In a separate bowl, mix ricotta, remaining parmesan cheese and lemon juice together. Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Once pasta is cooked, ladle soup into serving bowls, top with a dollop of lemon ricotta mixture and serve hot!