If you’ve followed us for very long, then you already know we are big fans of dumplings. Whether they’re made completely from scratch or using a quick and easy shortcut recipe, nothing can compare to a delightfully rich and carb-filled dumpling. Diets be darned, they’re worth every calorie! The classic crescent roll approach is one of our very favorites, but we had never made it with strawberries and it was high time we remedied that. The resulting Strawberry Dumpling recipe is out-of-this-world tasty and makes for the perfect summertime dessert!
The combination of juicy berries and buttery pastry is nothing short of indulgent, especially when they’re baked in a rich homemade sauce. We’ve used fresh berries in this recipe, but you could use frozen in the off season, just make sure to thaw and drain them before assembling the dumplings.
Another important note: Take care to pour the soda around the dumplings and not on top of the dough so the tops stay nice and crispy. The mix of the butter sauce and soda will bubble up when first added, and then bake into caramel-y perfection.
- 2 ( 8 oz) cans crescent roll dough
- 1 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 cup 7Up or Sprite soda
You my also like:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Separate the crescent dough triangles. Divide strawberries, setting aside 1/2 cup for the sauce. Working one at a time, place a spoonful of strawberries at the base of the triangle, then wrap dough around them and pinch edges to seal. Evenly space dumplings in the prepared baking dish
- Add butter and remaining strawberries to a medium-sized microwave safe bowl, heat until butter has melted. Using a fork, mash strawberries into a jam-like consistency. Stir in brown sugar, vanilla, cinnamon, and lemon juice. Pour mixture evenly over dumplings.
- Pour soda between the dumplings (not over the top).
- Bake for 33-36 minutes or until golden in color. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.