This hearty one-pot 30-minute Cajun Shrimp Fried Rice brings the fabulous spicy flavours of Louisiana to your dinner table! An easy, full-flavoured recipe using sausage, shrimp or prawns and leftover rice.
A GREAT WAY TO USE LEFTOVER RICE
This Easy Cajun Shrimp Fried Rice is a spicy, wholesome, easy weeknight meal. It’s a one-pan, 30-minute meal with the flavours of New Orleans!
This Cajun shrimp with rice recipe would also be a fun dish to serve at a dinner party with friends. Place a large bowl or platter of this southern-flavoured rice dish in the middle of the table, and invite your friends to dig in and serve themselves!
- 2 tbsp olive oil, extra virgin
- ▢7 oz andouille sausages, thinly sliced, or chorizo
- ▢2 stalks celery, chopped
- ▢1 medium onion, chopped
- ▢1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- ▢1 ½ tsp Cajun seasoning, store-bought or homemade*
- ▢2 cups cooked rice, cooled
- ▢12 oz prawns or large shrimp (about 20 to 24) cooked and peeled
- ▢sea salt to taste
- ▢3 green onions, sliced
- ▢1 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped (optional)