For the “Pasta”:
- 4 medium zucchinis
- Olive oil
For the Casserole:
- 8 slices of bacon, chopped
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup tomato sauce (check for low-carb options)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
You my also like:
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Using a spiralizer or a vegetable peeler, create “zoodles” (zucchini noodles) from the zucchinis. Sprinkle them with a little salt and set them aside in a colander to drain excess moisture. After about 10-15 minutes, pat them dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, cook the chopped bacon until it’s crispy. Remove the bacon and set it aside, leaving the bacon grease in the skillet.
- In the same skillet with the bacon grease, add the chopped onion and cook until translucent, about 3-4 minutes. Add the minced garlic and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Add the ground beef or turkey to the skillet and cook until browned. Break it up with a spatula as it cooks. Drain any excess fat if necessary.
- Season the meat mixture with dried oregano, dried basil, salt, and pepper. Add the tomato sauce and let it simmer for a few minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked zoodles with the meat mixture and half of the cooked bacon.
- Transfer the mixture to a casserole dish and spread it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top of the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 15-20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle the remaining bacon over the top.
- Let it cool slightly before serving.
- Enjoy your keto pasta casserole with bacon and cheddar cheese! This dish is rich in flavor and low in carbs, making it a great option for a keto-friendly meal.